22 April 2009

That's right, I cook


Tonight I prepared some burgers for a camping trip next month. Last year we used some Bubba Burgers. They were really good, but I got the itch to prepare my own. Here's how I did it:

2 lbs ground round
2.5 oz package real bacon pieces
4 oz package cheese crumbles
butt rub seasoning (to taste)

mix ground round with seasoning until well mixed. Then separate meat into even portions. You can make 4 1/2 lb burgers or 6 1/3 lb burgers. separate each portion into 2 equal portions. I used a 4" round mini quiche dish as a form. Press one half of portion into bottom of form. add bacon and cheese to middle of meat. Top with second half of portion. press at edges of form all the way around to seal the edge. remove from form and continue to seal and shape the patty on cutting board.


I made 2 batches, one with colby jack cheese and one with bleu cheese. I transferred them to a freezer container and placed wax paper between them to prevent sticking. I'll get back to you in a month and tell you how they taste! I'll also try to remember how long they take to cook. I made the 1/2 pound size.

No comments: